aka The Gorge
Ready yourself as the canyon narrows into a granite gorge where you will plunge through thrilling Class 3 rapids like Satan’s Cesspool, Bouncing Rock and Hospital Bar. A customer favorite, this trip is perfect for any size and type of group.
Departure: You will meet us at 11:30 AM at the private Camp Lotus campground, where you’ll meet your guide and be outfitted with everything you need to enjoy your trip, including paddles, life jackets and helmets.
The Trip: You’ll enjoy some of the most fun rapids and beautiful views the American River has to offer. Along the way, we’ll stop for a gourmet deli lunch served riverside.
Return: You will be returned to your starting point between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. There, you will have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure, and utilize Camp Lotus’s showers and other amenities. Should you wish to camp at Camp Lotus the night prior to or after your rafting trip, simply book online or call us ahead of time.
(aka The Gorge)
This 11+ mile trip starts with you meeting us at 11:30 at Camp Lotus, where you will be fitted with all the equipment and instruction you will need by our professional guides. You will then float along the Class 2 section through the golden rolling foothills, pulling over to feast on a gourmet lunch before the canyon narrows into a granite gorge where you will plunge through thrilling rapids like satan’s cesspool, bouncing rock and hospital bar, to name a few. Ending in Folsom reservoir, where we will shuttle you back to your cars to enjoy a slideshow and take a hot shower. Usually around 4:00 to 5:00
Most frequent questions and answers
- Secure footwear; old tennis shoes or sturdy sandals with heel straps such as Tevas, Keens, and Chacos. NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET!
- Swimsuit or shorts and T-shirt to wear on the rafts.
- Sunglasses with neck strap (Please be sure to bring a neck strap for any glasses you plan on wearing on the raft.)
- Sunscreen and lip ointment
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Light cap or visor (optional)
- Any medicines you require (please contact us beforehand to ensure we can accommodate any needs)
- One professional, talented, and possibly humorous river guide
- White water raft (Crewed by your provided guide at all times)
- Personal Flotation Device (Life-jacket)
- Other required safety equipment
- Wetsuits an paddle jackets may be required at additional cost during cooler months and are available upon request in warmer months.
Please feel free to bring whatever items you would like to leave in your car for retrieval after the trip. Camp Lotus features hot showers available for your use.
- Optional gratuity for your hardworking guides
- Dry Clothing
- Water or other beverage
- Dry towels
- Sleeping Bag
- Tent (optionally we can provide tents at a small cost)
- Warm clothing for the evening.
- Personal care items (Toothbrush, deodorant, hair care products, etc.)
- Flashlight or headlamp
Yes! We love rafting with friends, family, and coworkers! Discounts on rafting are as follows;
- 5%: 6-11 Rafters
- 10%: 12-17 Rafters
- 15%: 18-23 Rafters
- 20%: 24+ Rafters
Note that discounts are not applied to other “add-ons” such as camping and photo/video packages.
Take a Closer Look
5461 Bassi Rd, Lotus, CA 95651
The meeting place for this trip is our private campground partner, Camp Lotus. Please take the time to download and print directions as cell phone service can be spotty.