South Fork - 2 Day Wilderness
Enjoy a wilderness experience accessible for ages 7 and up. Join us for 2 days of rafting and one night of wilderness camping. Everything we need goes down the river with us to set-up camp on a quiet stretch of calm sandy beach by the river perfect for swimming and lounging.
Departure: 9 AM
The Trip: You’ll enjoy some of the most fun rapids and beautiful views the American River has to offer. Full Deli Style Lunch follow
Return: You will be returned to your starting point between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. There, you will have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure, and utilize Camp Lotus’s showers and other amenities. Should you wish to camp at Camp Lotus the night prior to or after your rafting trip, simply book online or call us ahead of time.
South Fork - 2 Day Wilderness
Meet time is 9 a.m. the day of your trip. We pack your personal gear into our dry bags (provided for you) to be loaded onto oar boats that will carry your gear plus all the necessities down to our wilderness camp. You will then load into our shuttle vehicles to be taken to the top of the river canyon. Where you will be fitted with all the necessary rafting equipment and given a safety and paddle orientation by our highly trained professional guides. Before rafting the Upper (Chili Bar) section of the river down to our wilderness camp, approximately 13 miles downstream. The camp has a great beach area, perfect for swimming, hiking, playing games or simply relaxing with a cold beverage as your guides prepare a gourmet 3 course dinner complete with sangria and non-alcoholic beverages. The next morning awake to the sounds of the river, aroma of coffee and a delicious and filling breakfast being prepared by your guides. Enjoy the sun warming the canyon before re-boarding your rafts. It’s a nice leisurely morning floating down to lunch before the excitement picks up again as you enter the gorge
Take a Closer Look
Most frequent questions and answers
- Secure footwear; old tennis shoes or sturdy sandals with heel straps such as Tevas, Keens, and Chacos. NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET!
- Swimsuit or shorts and T-shirt to wear on the rafts.
- Sunglasses with neck strap (Please be sure to bring a neck strap for any glasses you plan on wearing on the raft.)
- Sunscreen and lip ointment
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Light cap or visor (optional)
- Any medicines you require (please contact us beforehand to ensure we can accommodate any needs)
- One professional, talented, and possibly humorous river guide
- White water raft (Crewed by your provided guide at all times)
- Personal Flotation Device (Life-jacket)
- Other required safety equipment
- Wetsuits an paddle jackets may be required at additional cost during cooler months and are available upon request in warmer months.
Please feel free to bring whatever items you would like to leave in your car for retrieval after the trip. Camp Lotus features hot showers available for your use.
- Optional gratuity for your hardworking guides
- Dry Clothing
- Water or other beverage
- Dry towels
- Sleeping Bag
- Tent (optionally we can provide tents at a small cost)
- Warm clothing for the evening.
- Personal care items (Toothbrush, deodorant, hair care products, etc.)
- Flashlight or headlamp
Yes! We love rafting with friends, family, and coworkers! Discounts on rafting are as follows;
- 5%: 6-11 Rafters
- 10%: 12-17 Rafters
- 15%: 18-23 Rafters
- 20%: 24+ Rafters
Note that discounts are not applied to other “add-ons” such as camping and photo/video packages.
5461 Bassi Rd, Lotus, CA 95651
The meeting place for this trip is our private campground partner, Camp Lotus. Please take the time to download and print directions as cell phone service can be spotty.